Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Amber's Update

Alright, so let me start with what's going on in my life.....

School:  Things have been very challenging for me this school year and I am trusting the Lord for strength every day.  My students have some major behavior & emotional issues that I have been trying to battle since day 1.  God constantly reminds me that the battle is not against the kids but it is a spiritual battle.  I know that I'm called to be an intercessor for them so I'm trying to embrace that calling.  I love my kids deeply but I am overwhelmed by the day to day challenges and the fact that most of them are very far behind grade level.  Pray for God's peace to rest in my classroom and for wisdom & grace to cover me as I teach.

Nathan:  I love him soooooo much and we are super excited for the wedding.  Honestly, looking forward to our marriage is often what gets me through the week.  We have had such sweet conversation recently and I am so thankful for his heart and they he lives me as Jesus does.  The big details for the wedding are coming together and I can't wait to celebrate!

Family:  Pray for radical transformation for my dad & brother.  There is so much hurt and pain in my household right now and I am believing for a miracle.  Also, pray for wisdom & strength so that I am may be discerning in my time with them at home.

Encouragement for you:  I had such a sweet time with the Lord this morning and I just wanted to share what He showed me.  Read through Galations 5...

*Grow in freedom by increasing the presence of the fruit of the Spirit in your life.  Only use your freedom for loving God & loving other or else it leads to bondage*

*Set your heart in only doing & saying what God is saying and doing.  Therefore, be sensitive to His Spirit and respond in obedience*

I love you!  Can't wait to hear from you. 
Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment